SUGGESTION: WWWBoard (Shafat please read)

Hello:

This group seems to be discussing many subjects which sometimes does not
concern others.  Would it be feasible to create a WWWboard. There are a lot
of advantages of using the mail server but creating a WWWboard would
certainly help:

1. reduce the bandwidth.
2. Categories can be created within the WWWboard for various discussions -
SEAOSC, Construction Law, steel, concrete, jokes.
3. unwanted materials (offensive stuff) can be easily removed.  Take a look
at the following sites which host a similar board.
4. Follow-up to a question can be easily tracked back.
5. Easy to maintain an archive.
6. Another location to place banner ads.
7. A separate room/board can be created for the board members (password
protected of course!)of the SEAOSC.
http://www1.immigration.com/netboard/

The above links gets more hits than the SEAINT server.

http://www.ppi2pass.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

This above link is of engineering interest.

Knowing the track record of this email server I am sure some people would
ask "Do you know how tough it is to install this", well I have installed one
for a very small group.  If interested check this out:
http://www2.jps.net/~aswin/wwboard/wwwboard.html

I hope I am not wasting the members time by coming up with some sort of a
crazy idea or something which has already been discussed!!!

- Aswin
(just my views and not my company's)

*********** Hess Engineering Inc.  *******************
 Aswin Rangaswamy                  Ph: (562) 799-9787
 Associate Engineer                Fax: (562) 795-6755
************www.hessengineering.com *******************