Re: SPACE GASS

Most people I know still use the ASD steel code.   My undestanding is that
LRFD is being taught in college.  Some colleges offer both types of steel
design (ASD and LRFD).

New graduates that only know LRFD are having to learn the ASD by their
companies,  since the older people there who check their work know ASD only in
some cases.

This is what I commonly find in my area, the southeast.

Hope this helps

Ron Martin, PE.
Tuscaloosa, Al