Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Illinois SE vs. PE

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I am an Illinois SE but I don't ever work there but I think you would have
to call the local code official wherever your job is located. I believe IL
is BOCA and plan review & construction regulations are handled by the state
or county/city depending on size and occupancy etc.

Chris Wood

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Walkleypa(--nospam--at) [SMTP:Walkleypa(--nospam--at)]
	Sent:	Thursday, July 23, 1998 2:17 PM
	To:	seaint(--nospam--at)
	Subject:	Re: Illinois  SE vs. PE

	Would a kindly Illinois engineer please fill me in about what design
	must be designed only by a SE, as in number of stories, earthquake
zone and
	the like. 
	My calling  of the Illinios Depart. of Professional Regulation has
only been
	met with non- engineers in the legal department.  They faxed
information to me
	about what it takes to be a SE but no definitions of were a civil
(PE) can
	practice, unless absolutly no structural items may be designed by a
	retaining walls, sign footings and the like.


	Jeff Fertich