Re: Tlilt Up Chord Detail

If long-term serviceability is a concern (50+years, perhaps?), and it may be
for the person who owns the building someday, if the PVC is left in place, the
chlorides released by deteriorating PVC may lead to corrosion damage to the
encased rebar.

I've seen some concern expressed about chlorides released into concrete by
deterioration of PVC, but have no data.  Nevertheless, I'd prefer to find
another material since, for most of my projects, long-term serviceability is
an important consideration.  The cost difference can't be much, and its the
owner, not the contractor who'll have to face the potential problem

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer