Subject: RE: SPACE GASS
Author:  MIME7:admin(--nospam--at)spacegass.com at INTERNET
Date:    7/23/98 6:14 AM

Definitely.

Can you tell me what type of design code for steel structures is in use in
Canada.

We are also looking at whether we will develop a design module to ASD and / or
LRFD.  I have been told that the most prominent
design code is still the Allowable Stress code.  Can I get some sort of a
consensus on this from people who read it?

Nick Stanley, B.Eng (Hons), B.Bus
Structural Engineer - ITS
admin(--nospam--at)spacegass.com
www.spacegass.com

other finite element/dynamic capable software
> would go down well with small businesses!!
>
> Thor Tandy P.Eng
> Victoria  BC
> vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com
>

> Subject: SPACE GASS
>

> >After a significant number of queries from the US we are looking at
developing a design module for the US code (the
> program already
> >has code checking / design facilities for British, South African,
Australian and New Zealand codes).  To this end I am trying to
> >ascertain whether there would be any demand for a user-friendly, relatively
low cost windows based program that performs static
> >(linear and non-linear analysis), dynamic (frequencies and response) and
elastic buckling analysis and design to the US code.