Re: SPACE GASS

MSSROLLO(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> If you do use LRFD for your analysis, see if you can approximate "working load
> deflections".   My biggest problem with LRFD is the deflections are not
> correct for actual conditions.
>
> Hope this helps

I read these threads all the time regarding different analysis and
design programs with great interest.  I have been using Visual Analysis
for the past two years and have been quite pleased.  Many of the
features that are requested by members of this list are already built in
to this relatively inexpensive program.  For example, service loads are
the basic input for the members i.e. dead, live, wind, etc.  You can
then generate "equation cases" i.e. dead+live, etc.  The program also
has ACI and LRFD load cases built-in.  Hit a button and it will generate
all of relative load cases.  You can then output member extreme results,
member results from every load case, absolute member deflections,
deflections as a function of span (i.e. span/delta) and so on.  I think
you can download a demo at iesweb.com.  I have also purchased their
steel, concrete, and wood "design" add-ons.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.
Louisiana