Seismic Zone 4 vs Richter Magnitude Number

If I am not mistaken, neither Blue Book nor Uniform Building Code (among
others) do not give a "translation" of  vertical / horizontal design load
requirements for (say) Seismic Zone 4 into "Richter-scale-magnitude number".
I know that this information is not needed to perform required structural
calculations  ... but it would be nice to know where I am at.

Your help would be appreciated ..