Re: More on vortex shedding

jjusto wrote:

Important is not only the natural frecuency of the column/tower/stack but
the way to evaluate the dynamic action of von karman vortex.
As I mentioned in my very first post, some literature, and aparently some
codes too, considers the wind acting only on the top third of the stack,
while for example, the argentinian code (that for the dynamic analisis is
just a recomendation) considers the full height of the structure.
Does for example UBC, or the canadian or new zelander code say something
about this consideration??
Thanks