COMP: Software Wish List

I guess one of my issues with software is that of the output. Some vendors
do it better than others (few do it great) and I would love to have the
capability of customizing the output.

My question to software vendors is:
Would it be too difficult to use Office Automation for output such that the
output is created in Word Pad which everyone but Roger Turk has? The
software could ship with a template and the user, if he/she so chooses, can
customize the template to their liking? Of course MS Word would be better,
but versioning would be a pain. Crystal Reports would be cool, too. This
way, I could make the headers and footers for all of my output look the
same, change the fonts, you know, fiddle with it.

Another way would be to provide the output in .txt format (or, an optional
export to .txt format). Maybe the software vendor could charge extra for an
import template in MS Word, Wordperfect, etc.

Thoughts from vendors would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Allen