RE: COMP: Software Wish List

Some products do allow you to do this.  SPACE GASS, for example, has the capability to present the output in a text format for
viewing / manipulation in MS Wordpad, etc, in addition to which it allows you to fully customize the report for direct printing from
the program.

Other packages which do not have this capability can still be "tricked" into creating a text file by selecting the "print to file"
option for your printer and then using an asci file print driver.

And to ITSEKSON,

SPACE GASS allows you to modify section libraries, including allowing you to create your own libraries.  You can also import and
export in DXF (full 3D) with member geometry shown (it interacts with StruCAD, X-Steel, etc) and also import and export via a text
file.

I don't mean to go on blowing this program's horn, but most people in the US are unfamiliar with this package and its ease of use,
capabilities, etc.

Regards
Nick Stanley, B.Eng (Hons), B.Bus
Structural Engineer - ITS