RE: Heating mat in concrete slab

There are 2 companies that do this type of work routinely.  They are Easy Heat and Delta Therm.  The only negative is the potential for thermal shock.   But a properly designed system can avoid these problems.  The crucial part is in the controllers, and the method of heat distribution.

Harold Sprague, PE
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.