From: Dennis Wish [mailto:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 1998 12:02 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: COMP: Software Wish List

<snip>
I learned rather quickly when I produced and marketed a softare -
Equake - that some of the users would modify the formulas (it was
spreadsheet) and macros in order to try and make a program that they felt
was more user friendly. In the process they made mistakes that they quickly
blamed to me and the original program.
I discovered that the reason software developers use proprietary data and
coding is to prevent the user from making changes to the software which
might produce inacurate results.
<snip>

Dennis Wish PE