basement uplift follies

A while back I posted some questions on a ski chalet basement. The retaining
walls are over 21 feet tall on the high sides and the potential water table
creates at least 14' of head. The project will only get to the ground floor
before they cover it up for the winter. I have a net hydrostatic uplift of
about 300 psf. so I need to fill up the basement with some counter balance.
I do not want to add piers because it will penetrate the membrane. So I am
left with filing up the basement with about 5 feet of water. I am concerned
that when the water freezes it will damage the walls. There probably will
not be power to heat the water or to provide pumps. Alternatives include
borrowing some chair lift counter balance blocks, caltrans lane dividers, or
install water tanks. Anyone have any ideas?

I explained to the geotech that the basement was for a squash court. The
geotech told me that he has played squash and that the game is not *that*
great.

Regards,

Jeff Smith