RE: More ASD, LRFD, USD

>Try doing a seismic design using ASD and the new AISC Seismic Provisions.
Try doing a seismic design of a nuke plant critical lift device without
it. Try doing any crane design without it. Ultimate loads just don't
govern. I still don't understand how it helps with building design ('I
just like it better' doesn't count) but I'm resigned to that. I do wonder
who's going to take it over and how it'll be administerd for things other
than buildings.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw