Re: LRFD, ASD, and USD

"  I have a hard time believing that there was 40% savings just by using 50
ksi
 steel and LRFD."

 Regards,
 Bill >>

I agree with this statement.  Did the author of the comparison check to ensure
that the original design was not overly conservative when done as Working
Stress?  If I was to check the first steel beam I ever designed-today, using
the same exact code,  I could probably find a 40% savings!!!!!    We also know
that the time frame on some jobs is "Make it Stout..and Get it OUT"....I am
curious about the scope of the comparison.  That is a lot of savings...

Name withheld in case the first person I ever worked for is reading......