Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: LRFD, ASD, and USD[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: LRFD, ASD, and USD
- From: <MSSROLLO(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:00:04 EDT
" I have a hard time believing that there was 40% savings just by using 50 ksi steel and LRFD." Regards, Bill >> I agree with this statement. Did the author of the comparison check to ensure that the original design was not overly conservative when done as Working Stress? If I was to check the first steel beam I ever designed-today, using the same exact code, I could probably find a 40% savings!!!!! We also know that the time frame on some jobs is "Make it Stout..and Get it OUT"....I am curious about the scope of the comparison. That is a lot of savings... Name withheld in case the first person I ever worked for is reading......
- Prev by Subject: Fw: LRFD, ASD, and USD
- Next by Subject: RE: LRFD, ASD, and USD
- Previous by thread: Fw: LRFD, ASD, and USD
- Next by thread: RE: LRFD, ASD, and USD