RE: My personal Software "Wish" list

Joe, it's still a good sales pitch. Again, don't misunderstand. I'm not
knocking Eagle Point or any other vendor. My point is one of knowledge of
market place. Your comments are ideal for formal office settings where there
an accounting practice which allows for profits to be divided into
investments and fed back into a companies growth potential.
My points were aimed at the growing number of independents who deal strictly
on a cash basis. It's true that each of us needs to consider investment in
our futures, but this generally means life insurance, health coverage,
retirement funds, taxes and hardware investment upgrades. The hard fact to
face is that if it is a question of spending $1,000.00 for a software which
you may use or spending the money on your family - the independent will opt
to complete his work with either the tools at hand or by manual methods.
Look, I'm not saying that we are destitute by any means, but small offices
rarly yeild excess cash flow on a steady basis.
The only way for this growing market to afford the tools is by creative
payment plans (spreading the cost of a year or two depending upon sales
pricing), reducing features or the size of the model in an effort to reduce
the sales price, etc.
I'm not sure what your add-in for Intellicad will cost the engineer. If it's
more than the software, you will have a potential buyer wondering why he
should pay more for an add-on than a small full-featured cad package.

I feel that this is sounding negative and I don't intend for it to be. From
my experience and discussions with other software companys, I generally come
up against a brick wall because the representative is wearing a suit and tie
and represents a company with growing assets.
Possiby we are not the market for these people, but as the number of
independents grow we will have to be targeted at some point or another.

To be brutal, let me ask you why I should put together a package of three or
four modules to do three or four tasks when I can purchase an integrated
library for less than the cost of your three or four?  Joe, I'm stepping
over the edge here assuming that the cost per module may be around $150 or
$200 per tool.

I'm not trying to open the door for marketing of Eagle Point alone and would
welcome other software vendors to jump in. I only ask that you stick to the
marketing philosophy rather than do a commercial for your product.

Thanks to Joe for paricipating in this.
Dennis