Re: Signing Plans

Dennis,

Be carefull when you sign non-structural plans.

I heard from another engineer his experience with signing architectural sheets
on the job he did the structural engineering on. He consulted with his lawyer
about writing "structural only" beside his stamp on the architectural sheets,
and the laywer said that in court, in front of the judge, the "structural
only" note does not mean a thing. When you sign a sheet, you are responsible
for it. If something goes wrong later on and they are looking for somebody to
sue, they'll go after you and not the unlicensed designer.

Whether it is true or not, I don't know.

Ernie Natividad