Forming question

I have a situation whereby the concrete contractor is forming grade beams
for a foudation, and is intending to leave the wood stakes that is holding
the forms
after pouring.Now I am thinking this is not a good idea, since the wood
will rot, and corrosion will follow soon after. The stakes are holding the
edge of
the slab boards (to be poured later) as well as the hardware that will go
in the walls above, so there is a legitimate reason for there being.What
do others do in similar situations. your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Tarek Mokhtar, SE