Forming question

Termites *love* wood stakes/forms left in the ground!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

. > I have a situation whereby the concrete contractor is forming grade beams
. > for a foudation, and is intending to leave the wood stakes that is
. > holding the forms after pouring.Now I am thinking this is not a good
. > idea, since the wood will rot, and corrosion will follow soon after. The
. > stakes are holding the edge of the slab boards (to be poured later) as
. > well as the hardware that will go in the walls above, so there is a
. > legitimate reason for there being.What do others do in similar situations.
. > your comments will be greatly appreciated.
. >
. > Tarek Mokhtar, SE
. >