RE: My personal Software "Wish" list

From: Dennis S. Wish [mailto:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 1998 7:22 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: My personal Software "Wish" list

<snip>

There are two problems - but since I am not a programmer (except in
spreadsheet) I don't know how big a problem this becomes.
First, most programs seem contained. You can easily tell a program created
in Visual Basic or C++ compared to a program written from the ground up in
programming language.

[Bill Allen]
VB or C++ are NOT programming languages?

<snip>

Wouldn't it be nice if you could pull one module out of Enercalc, StruCalc,
Woodworks, etc and share information from each one by OLE/2, cut and paste
or by using a common container like Binding or MathCad's Connectrix.

[Bill Allen]
Programmers have this capability today by either writing their apps as
ActiveX Executables and then providing their customers with instructions on
how to "hook" into their app. This makes writing software more modular and
cost effective.

<snip>

How about some other ideas.
Dennis Wish