Re: Bldg depts reponsibility/Signing Plans

I have heard of engineers stamping drawings -  "For Structural Only" as
well.  This is done not only to CYA but to yell out - we haven't looked
at the Architectural aspects of the project.

What amazes me is that the Building Department does not reject the plans
until someone reviews and seals the Architectural aspects of the
project.  If the building department requires that either an architect
or an engineer seal the plans they shouldn't allow a "partially" sealed
set of plans - this would be not much different then an engineer sealing
foundation drawings for a preengineered metal building that has not been
sealed.