Re: Signing Plans

Dennis,

I respect both your convictions to your principals and your ability to
articulate these through your valid and valuable professional experience (I
have also reviewed some of your plans and I respect your engineering
decisions). I just happen to be a believer in having insurance due to my past
professional experience. What I do concur with is your principal philosophy of
doing the best job possible both technically and professionally. As long as
one's design philosophy is consistent with the building code and the mechanics
of materials and one is able to articulate this through proper documentation,
we (structural engineers and other design professionals) should "ok" the
overwhelming majority of the time.

Sincerely,

Greg Riley PE