RE: E&O Insurance (was Signing Plans)

Dennis Wish wrote:

. > I would rather carry a higher level of professional ethics than
. > professional insurance.

To which I say, Hear! Hear!

When I started in structural engineering I worked for a firm whose philosophy
was to do the job quick; get it out, complete or not; that which is not
complete can be changed on the shop drawings; and if there are any problems,
E & O insurance will take care of it.

It goes without saying that virtually every major project that came out of
that office had problems, and I am talking about only those that have
appeared in the media or which are well known in the profession.

If more people had the integrity espoused by Dennis Wish, then there would be
no need for E & O insurance.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona