Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: stress concentration[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, AertsB(--nospam--at)AMTS.BE
- Subject: Re: stress concentration
- From: jerome.tan(--nospam--at)PAREURO.COM
- Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 12:11:35 +0000
Hull pressure or on fender unit? fenders could absorb up to 275 kips and hull pressure could be 5 ksf. Better get info on fender capacities and induced forces from vendors like Sumitomo or Bridgestone. See also reference such as "Design of Ports and Harbors" by Alfonso F. De Quinn. Jerome ______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: stress concentration Author: MIME:AertsB(--nospam--at)AMTS.BE at INTERNET Date: 8/5/98 8:24 AM We make make mooring units for oil tankers and do stress calculations on them. We have several stress concentrations. Can someone tell that there's any standerd or rules on how big these concentrations may be.
- Prev by Subject: Re: stress concentration
- Next by Subject: Structural Analysis Software Wish List
- Previous by thread: Re: stress concentration
- Next by thread: FEMA 273