Illinois Engineer

To all -

I am currently looking for an Illinois licensed engineer to review and stamp
some drawings and calculations done here in our office in Los Angeles for a
project in Chicago.

The situation is this.  I am a California licensed Structural Engineer, and we
have a client here who is doing a large steel sculptural piece to be installed
in a building in Chicago that is currently under construction.  The building
has been designed to accept the loads from the sculpture.  Our office is
providing calculations and drawings for the sculpture itself, and is working
with the building engineer regarding connections to his structure.

The idea was that, rather than have us go through the licensing process in
Illinois, (which is an option, albeit a long one) we would stamp and sign our
work here and have the building engineer review it and stamp it for permit in
Illinois.  We would still take responsibility for our work, of course.  This
is similar to the recent discussions about using prefab elements in buildings
where we are the design engineer.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the building engineer wants some
outrageous amount of money to stamp our work (more than we are getting paid to
actually do it!).

So, I am looking for a reference to a good engineer in Illinois to work with
us on this.

I appreciate any referrals you may have.

Thank you,

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.