Mortar Joint Thicknesses

Are there any problems with using a setting bed thickness of 1 in?  I
know the ACI 530 code limits the setting bed thickness to 3/4 in but
gives no reason for why.  We have a client that now wants to use thin set
tile in a corridor.  The walls are load bearing and sit on a wall joint.
 The easiest way to form the floor would be to drop the entire surface
the 5/8 in but that would cause the bed to be 1 in.  Any ideas?

Mike