Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Stainless steel bolting[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Stainless steel bolting
- From: "Horning, Dick/CVO" <dhorning(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 16:15:15 -0600
Has anyone found a good solution to the problem with galling of the threads for stainless steel fasteners? This specific application is under water, so a coating may not work. Also, the water is high in chloride and sulfate ions, so galvanic corrosion of dissimilar metals is likely. Our contractor has suggested making the bolts a 400-series stainless and furnishing 316 stainless nuts as specified.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Stainless and Carbon steel
- Next by Subject: RE: Stainless steel bolting
- Previous by thread: Illinois Engineer
- Next by thread: RE: Stainless steel bolting