Re: Stainless steel bolting

I do a lot of work in chemical plants, and this is a common concern.  316
stainless doesn't gall nearly as severely as 304; normally you can use 316
and not have a problem.  If it's feasible to use Never Seez (not sure about
spelling, and apologize for the commercial), it's a big help.

And yes, a different alloy for the nut helps if you won't be compromised by
some chemical activity that would encourage the different alloys to react
with each other.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561