HP48 structural software

I have discovered a possible bug in a structural analysis card sold by
Tripod
Data Systems for use w/ the HP-41 calculator when used in an HP-48GX.

I believe that it may be related to using the card in the 48 rather than
the 41, but I was wondering if anyone could back that up.  The specific
problem is that, when doing continuous beam analysis with fixed ends, it is
telling me that the moment at a fixed support is zero.  The program
essentially
gives proper results for a beam with all pinned supports no matter what they

are set to.

The user manual states that the software was develped by Chuck Dinsmore. I
know that he frequently posts to the sci.engr.civil newsgroup, but I do not
know if he subscribes to this list.  Chuck, if you're listening, or if
anyone else has experience using this card, please contact me via e-mail.

BTW, I looked at the Tripod web page, but there is no mention of this
particular software, only COGO and surveying stuff.

Thanks,
Dan

svines(--nospam--at)heery.com