stainless steel sparking

This is follow up question to the stainless to carbon steel question thread
of a few days ago.
Will stainless steel rubbing against carbon steel (or stainless steel) cause
sparking? Sparks would be a problem since it would occur in a rich solvent
atmosphere. I myself cannot think of a reason why it won't cause sparking
but someone asked me this question and I just was wondering if anyone else
could explain.

Chris Wood