RE: stainless steel sparking

Yes stainless on carbon or stainless can cause sparking.

In a highly combustible atmosphere you should consider brass bolts.  Another possibility is Loctite.  Loctite is an epoxy that could provide adequate insulation on stainless steel to prevent sparking.  I am not sure if there is any research on this.  The API might be able to help on this.  Also consider using special tools.  The tools can be a source of sparking.  It is the static electricity during installation that is the problem.

Harold Sprague, PE
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.