Re: VIRUS ALERT -Reply

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Brian Kehoe wrote:

> In the future, I strongly recommend that anyone posting
> messages regarding possible computer viruses check them out
> before posting them on this list server.  Besides the Symantec
> site listed above, there are many other sites that keep track of
> virus hoaxes.

Excellent advice. There are way more virus hoaxes than there are viruses.
The real "virus" here is in the propagation of these "alert" messages,
and in the commentaries they generate on mail lists and newsgoups. (like
this message. <g>)

l8r,
Bob
Bob Shilling, SE             Berkeley, CA          shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net