Nels on Factory Built Trusses

  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------2 Message:0002
  • From: <NRoselund(--nospam--at)aol.com>
  • To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
  • Subject: factory-made roof trusses
  • I have a project for which I need to specify pre-fabricated wood roof trusses (gang-nailed, pronged side-plate, or whatever is the current least-cost roof-framing method). This is something I haven't had to do before and I have no data or names of manufacturers. Any recommendations on sources or fabricators, and design data?
  • Nels Roselund
  • Structural Engineer

Mr. Roselund,

We put up the website last week to give you a spot that will contain purely information that we feel will help our members and there customers transact business better.  For more detailed assistance please email us at wtca(--nospam--at)woodtruss.com.  We also have 24 chapters currently throughout the US and they are very willing to hold what we call Truss Technology Workshops.  Finally, we have 3 engineers on our staff of 9 and our collective wood engineering experience is more than 40 years.  We'd enjoy helping you.
Kirk Grundahl, P.E.
Executive Director