Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
HP sections and pile caps[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: HP sections and pile caps
- From: Dave Handy <dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:21:59 -0400
Hello, my experience so far with piling has always used steel pipe piles filled with concrete. I now have a job where steel H sections are required. The one element that I don't have any information on is the way the pile transfers load to the pile cap. With the pipe piles I can check bearing over the surface of the pile including the concrete. However, the steel H sections have much less bearing area and I cannot find a reference on this topic. I have not seen anybody use a steel bearing plate on top of the H section although this would make sense to me. Can anybody explain the mechanics of how the load is transferred from the H section to the pile cap Thank you in advance for you input David Handy, P.Eng.
- Prev by Subject: Re: How to Perpetuate an Unwanted Thread
- Next by Subject: RE: HP sections and pile caps
- Previous by thread: Re: ACI 98
- Next by thread: RE: HP sections and pile caps