HP sections and pile caps

Hello, my experience so far with piling has always used steel pipe piles filled with concrete.
I now have a job where steel H sections are required. The one element that I don't have any
information on is the way the pile transfers load to the pile cap. With the pipe piles I can
check bearing over the surface of the pile including the concrete. However, the steel H sections
have much less bearing area and I cannot find a reference on this topic. I have not seen anybody
use a steel bearing plate on top of the H section although this would make sense to me.
Can anybody explain the mechanics of how the load is transferred from the H section to the
pile cap

Thank you in advance for you input
David Handy, P.Eng.