Retaining Wall

Khalid,

Be aware that you are actually designing a *dam*, with all the ramifications
that go with that.

That said, the Bureau of Reclamation had at one time a publication, "Design
of Small Dams."  Having no experience in designing dams, I have no idea if
this book contains the information that you want.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Khalid Motiwala wrote:

>>   I need to design a retaining wall/berm across a retention pond to
     reclaim solids. The wall will be 150ft long and must withstand 10ft of
     water pressure. I am thinking of gabion baskets with local dirt in
     between.

     Constraints:
     >minimize volume of wall
     >wall is temporary and will be in place 2 yrs, so a CHEAP solution is
     needed

     Any other suggestions.........

     Does anyone know of good references on earthen berm/gabion wall
     design. <<