Shear Transfer

Hello everybody

I have a question regarding the use of an steel angle as a mean to transfer
the shear between a new concret beam to an old concrete beam.  The designer
has provided this kind of arrangement but I have my doubts.  The beam is 14
ft long and the loads are ligths.  I think that, if the loads are not too
big, we can design the joint of the two beams as per ACI  11.7.  If the
loads are bigger, as per ACI 11.9.  <If you want to see the drawing, import
it from a cad program>

Is the use of the steel angle (embeded and anchored to the old beam) a good
solution?
Thanks for your comments

Orlando Prada
Civil engineer