Re: Peer Review Indeminification

Frank:

We do some peer review work, mainly for the University of California.  I think
they have a standard contract agreement language for peer review services.
Personally, I would welcome a peer review of all of our projects.  I think it is
basically a good system.  We have hired outside engineering firms on our own and
paid them out of our own design fee to do peer reviews on certain projects.
Shared liability was not the purpose of the peer review.  It was our intent to
provide our client with a product of superior quality.
City and County plan checkers who are not structural engineers cannot do a very
good job of reviewing structural plans and calculations.  DSA and OSHPD do a good
job though.

Lynn