Re: Retaining Wall : Reply

Hello

Not realy my field of work,  but,  The reaction that I had on reading your
query was that this is an application for an anchored inflatable 'dam'.
these are usually a heavy rubberised compound.   I have seen these in the
literature but soory don't know any more.  Just an idea.

Regards,  Bruce S

>      I need to design a retaining wall/berm across a retention pond to
>      reclaim solids. The wall will be 150ft long and must withstand 10ft
>  of
>      water pressure. I am thinking of gabion baskets with local dirt in
>      between.
>
>      Constraints:
>      >minimize volume of wall
>      >wall is temporary and will be in place 2 yrs, so a CHEAP solution
>  is
>      needed
>
>      Any other suggestions.........
>
>      Does anyone know of good references on earthen berm/gabion wall
>      design.

Bruce Shephard, Principal Consultant Seismic Risk
Opus International Consultants, New Zealand
DD Telephone +64 4 4717597,  Fax +64 4 4711397
Email bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz