RE: Retaining Wall

1. Determine maximum dam/wall  width allowable
2. Determine available soil properties and cost
3. Design an earhdam using  max. width
4. use portland cement in soil (1-10%)  if needed for added strength

IMHO an earthdam would be cheapest if allowable width is safe.

I hope this helps.

Alex C. Nacionales, C.E.