Re: Retaining Wall

I have used that publication, and I beleive it is an appropriate
reference for this case.  I do not know if it is currently published.

Russ Nester
rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:45:53 -0400 Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
writes:
>Khalid,
>
>Be aware that you are actually designing a *dam*, with all the
>ramifications
>that go with that.
>
>That said, the Bureau of Reclamation had at one time a publication,
>"Design
>of Small Dams."  Having no experience in designing dams, I have no
>idea if
>this book contains the information that you want.
>
>A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
>Tucson, Arizona
>
>Khalid Motiwala wrote:
>
>>>   I need to design a retaining wall/berm across a retention pond to
>
>     reclaim solids. The wall will be 150ft long and must withstand
>10ft of
>     water pressure. I am thinking of gabion baskets with local dirt
>in
>     between.
>
>     Constraints:
>     >minimize volume of wall
>     >wall is temporary and will be in place 2 yrs, so a CHEAP
>solution is
>     needed
>
>     Any other suggestions.........
>
>     Does anyone know of good references on earthen berm/gabion wall
>     design. <<

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]