RE: Design Properties for Western Red Cedar

Western Red Cedar (dry)   E = 1110 ksi  w = 24.0 pcf @ 20% m.c. and 20 pcf @ 0% m.c.  (interpolate)
G varies dependent upon which plane.  Glr/E=.064      Glt/E=.061      Grt/e=.003 for Sitka spruce
 Glr/E=.075      Glt/E=.069      Grt/e=.011 for Yellow Poplar
Hope that helps

David Handy, P.Eng.
The Thompson Rosemount Group