Subject: Retaining Wall
Author:  MIME7:Khalid.Motiwala(--nospam--at)clorox.com at INTERNET
Date:    8/13/98 6:54 PM

     I need to design a retaining wall/berm across a retention pond to
     reclaim solids. The wall will be 150ft long and must withstand 10ft of
     water pressure. I am thinking of gabion baskets with local dirt in
     between.

     Constraints:
     >minimize volume of wall
     >wall is temporary and will be in place 2 yrs, so a CHEAP solution is
     needed

     Any other suggestions.........

     Does anyone know of good references on earthen berm/gabion wall
     design.