Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Re-bar Congestion[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Re-bar Congestion
- From: JAMES S LAI <jslaicse(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 17:58:04 -0700
Based on the limited information posted by Mike Brown, the following are possible alternates: 1. Use mechanical splice (coupling). 2. Stagger adjacent bar splices at alternate floors. 3. Review design for possible reduction in rebar size and/or increase rebar spacings at upper floors. Let us do not loose sight that a good design should always take into consideration constructability related issues in addition to any building code arbitary minimum requirements. The approximately 2 per cent reinforcement ratio appears high.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Re-bar Congestion
- Next by Subject: basement uplift follies
- Previous by thread: Re: Re-bar Congestion
- Next by thread: Performance-Based Seismic Design, Potent