Re: Performance-Based Seismic Design, Potential for Increased Professional Li

In a message dated 8/15/98 9:35:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lhoward(--nospam--at)silcom.com writes:

<< but I am talking about a suit that would
 have enough validity to win a court case. >>

[Bill Cain]  In court anything is possible, so don't get your hopes up!
Remember that almost all judges are lawyers.

Regarding your basic premise, you certainly would have a reasonable defense.
I would hope that none of our colleagues would certify such a case as having
merit if it were conforming to the code under which it was designed.  Although
there are some out there that will certify anything for the almighty buck.

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Albany, CA