Re: Concrete Hip Roofs

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Baldridge & Associates Structural Engineering, Inc. wrote:

> Does anyone know of a (relatively) simple way to build an
> architecturally appealing (4:12 slopes, hips valleys etc) out of
> concrete.  We can't use steel beams or decks, precast is possible but
> would be difficult at the hips and valley, cast in place would work but
> would be expensive to form.

Please re-read your message. You've essentially eliminated both precast
and cast-in-place concrete. That's all there is. Shotcrete is essentially
another form of cast-in-place but might be easier to form. Have you
looked at that?

Bob Shilling, SE             Berkeley, CA          shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net