Re: RE: Use of WOOD: Single Family Housing Design

Bruce

I still refer to the NZS 3604 for check against the designs for "Light Timber Framed Structures" here in Canada.  I often bring it up in conversation with local engineers as an excellent tool for the "layperson's" guide to good standard design for residential structures.  It's my "paint by numbers" equivalent.  Even here in Canada the principles are valid and I have had good results in comparing with the design parameters at a local level.

Thor Tandy P.Eng

Subject: Re: RE: Use of WOOD: Single Family Housing Design