Re: Concrete Hip Roofs -re from Fred

Fred Niemczenia wrote:

"About two years ago there was an interesting article in Aberdeen's
Concrete Construction.  Apparently a Southeast Florida contractor(s) had
built the ultimate home for Hurricane Andrew (catagory 5) style events.
This was a cast-in-place concrete home, complete with reinforced
concrete roof; a clay tile pattern was <GASP> textured on top.  The
convincing photo-op included the standard pick-up truck hoisted onto and
resting on the roof.  Shades of Dade-Broward!

 The as-built cost was estimated at $175,000 for a 4 bedroom Miami
Advice type home.  If anyone has further info, please let me know.  That
was an issue I should have saved <DADGUM>.""

------------- You can retrieve that article online from Aberdeen at
www.askmac.com (mac is a dog that knows for about concrete then most)
they have a archive search available and the articles can be downloaded.
Thanks for the tip I will look into that article myself.

Joshua Matthews