Re: Welding Electrodes

About 12 years ago we went through a similar experience at a former employer.
Our engineer in the field checked the welding rods on a job and found them to
be 110?? electrodes.  We wrote letters to the client and the contractor
explaining our worries about all (well some) of the things noted in Chris
Wright's post (embrittlement , etc.).  The contractor was adamant that his
electrodes were the right ones.  Eventually we figured out that our engineer
had read the electrode upside down  and interpreted the 7011 as 110 something.
( I think, the specifics escape me now).  Note to Charlie Canitz:  Make sure
you're not reading the electrode upside down.
Jan Harris, PE
Liberty Engineering, PC
Virginia Beach, VA