Re: Tall Signs

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Alex C. Nacionales wrote:

> I designed a tall  steel frame  (82')  for a sign company . The sign company
> increased the height during construction by 20 feet. The design is not
> adequate for the increased height  with the sign in place but the sign
> company  said that they will take off the sign material ( thick cloth with
> Print ) during storm signals.
>
> The design is adequate for the bare frame.
>
> May I have your opinion regarding this.

Alex,
They are feeding you a large portion of bullsh*t. I doubt you can do
anything with them. However, I would be writing CYA letters to the
company, and to every public official I could. Don't worry about losing
this client. You don't need them.

Bob Shilling, SE             Berkeley, CA          shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net