RE: Tall Signs

While I would agree with all of the previous responders, I would also suggest
that you offer your client a possible fix to the problem. Depending upon your
design and materials it might be possible to strengthen the structure by
attaching multiple (3 or 4) bars to a pole or tubular members, doubling or
adding additional bracing if a lattice structure and even adding guy wires
(although this is least likely to be worthwhile).

James Cohen, PE